Happy 44 Jerry

It was some day, i was going through my Facebook feed, a post by  Humans Of Nagpur caught my attention. It was about a person named Jerry Hughes who was running a NGO Hughes Foundation for HIV/ AIDS affected kids and people. After some digging through Facebook, i found that it is the only NGO in Nagpur which houses HIV/AIDS affected people. Next week i decided to give a small visit to the place and have bit chat with people associated with this NGO. As i stepped into HOP, i was greeted by kids full of energy, welcoming me, introducing them. I was overwhelmed! I had an interaction with Khemraj Meshram and Sanjay Patil who were also actively associated with HOP. Couldn't get to meet Jerry so i decided to meet him the next day. I didn't know at that moment that my life is about to take a turn for good. Jerry Hughes turned out to be one of the finest human beings i have ever met, down to earth, giving his life for kids n people who, in general terms, were not even linked to him in any way. And yet there he was smiling, in his signature hat giving me all the life details and work he is doing. I am blessed to have you in my life Jerry. Wish you a very very happy birthday and many happy returns. You are the friend i never had. 😊😊😊




 Many more memories to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment