With a moo moo here, a moo moo there


Being an artist is a tough job. New creations, new ideas, new experiments, and what not. You got  to scratch every inch of your body  to find that motherfucking creativity . So there I was looking for some sunshine through a hole for my new artwork for a billboard and a bus shelter advertising for the company I work. The billboard was near the outlet and the bus shelter near a children’s park, so I have to be very choosy and safe about my artwork. After digging through a lot of virtual crap, I stumble upon an idea which looked fresh n humorous.  So I started designing process by collecting various images I needed, converting images to various formats, the perfect caption, color scheme and blah blah blah. Finally, after hours of working my ass out, the artwork was ready, for both billboard and bus shelter. I was quite happy and a little proud about what I had designed. Next day, I showed my presentation to my boss.  I had used cartoon versions of animals, like frog, lion, cow, monkey, with a caption linking to our business. My boss seemed satisfied with the outcome. Suddenly he asked if we can replace ‘cow’ with some other animal. I didn’t understand at first & was visibly disappointed. The meditating cow’s cartoon image which I had used was very adorable and appealing to kids. I, first, shrugged to his suggestion. But then he pointed out how ‘COW’ is the holy mother of God & we might invite trouble from the 'protectors' of the ‘holy mother’. So it would be better if we play on a safer side. I understood. There was absolutely nothing I could do except replacing  that cute meditating cow with a lion. And yes, I didn’t forget to put a disclaimer below every artwork that no animals were harmed in making this presentation.









No comments:

Post a Comment